ON, son of Gremlin, son of Glitch, son of Doohickey, son of Hassle, son of Grief, son of Splice, son of Fatigue, arise! Go forth and wreak your pleasures. Switch off the lights on the way out.
250 Years of the USA
-
*A Hollywood film poster that shows the best and worst of America in one
product*
Nothing made by humans is all good. Of all the verities that have been
a...
The Stinging Fly Summer Issue
-
So, I have work in this beauty! "We Can't Have Artists Losing Their
Tempers" is a short story featuring Brigid, a 93 year old Irish artist
living in Pa...
Martin Stannard at 70
-
I thought I'd posted this a couple of weeks back, and realise now that I
didn't, but better late than never – this is an excellent tribute to the
poet Ma...
Magda's Boy
-
Film by Anthony Wilks
https://www.lrb.co.uk/podcasts-and-videos/videos/bookshop-events-films/magda-s-boy-how-george-szirtes-invented-his-mother
Poetry Day ireland
-
Poetry Day Ireland 2020, takes place on Thursday 30 April. Everyone is
invited to join in and celebrate poetry’s very special place in Irish
culture – t...
THE HIVE: when books get declined
-
Firstly, I apologise for not being able to change titles listed in the
sidebar. I've managed to get locked out of my blogger acount, but still
have access ...
COVER OF UK/IRL ED. OF BECOMING BELLE
-
Cover reveal! The UK and Ireland edition of *Becoming Belle..* It is now
available to order on Amazon.co.uk. Go here.
-
There's a moth on a thistle! In broad daylight, between the showers and the
rain and the sun. It's a bit muddy like, after all the rain, in the field
at th...
PJ Lynch "Across the Atlantic Tour"
-
At the beginning of November in 1620, the Mayflower and her passengers were
nearing the end of their gruelling voyage across the Atlantic Ocean. It
took ...
Pituitary Problems 2: Surgery OR Out Damn Spot
-
Since the last post, there have been some developments. After a review MRI
done in April, I got back to see the neurosurgeon, just last week, for his
as...
The Art of Superstition
-
My piece for The Art of Superstition at the Copper House Gallery. The
importance of saying "bless you" when somebody sneezes.
Publications
-
2014 I have three poems in the web supplement to the new issue of Agenda,
here, and two poems in the print version of their next, World War I themed
editio...
Have you seen the big, new, improved Baroque?
-
Here’s a little refresher on the glories that await the reader at our new,
self-hosted site at http://baroqueinhackney.com. The new Baroque is a
bigger and...
PB 2 under construction
-
PB2 is being bolted together by a team of goat herders/poetry magazine
boffins in a moonlit shed at a secret location deep in The Wicklow Hills.
There i...